12 January 2014

Experimenting with letters

Design (including illustration) was not always my first interest, actually it's a rather recent thing and as it always happens, there are still a lot of things to learn.

Lettering is one of those things so I decided that another goal I want to achieve this year is to start training my lettering skills, which are close to none.

To achieve this I needed new pens - any reason is a good reason to buy new pens.
I decided to buy Micron Fineliners, there was not much thought in the decision, I realized a bunch of people use these pens for this purpose, even Sean McCabe and if Sean McCabe uses them, they're probably good.

So I bought them last friday and had to start experimenting. These pictures show my first try, I know it's not perfect but I think it looks nice and it was a great exercise.






3 comments:

  1. Quem me dera ter este jeitinho... A sério...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. é preciso é paciência, que jeito eu também não tenho muito :)

      Delete
  2. o A já está, agora é muito treino e as outras 25 letras :D
    gosto bastante da mistura de ilustração com type. não é uma área que tenha jeito, mas com muita paciencia e treino tudo se consegue ;)

    ReplyDelete